Our Mission, Work and Vision
Our mission is to equip Christians everywhere to form an effective counter force to the intolerance and mistrust that now prevail in so many communities, and to build understanding between the faiths.
We fulfil our mission in four ways:
- We work to enable Christians to live a generous and hospitable faith, healing their broken communities through building respect and understanding between the faiths.
- We work to build partnerships between people of faith through local initiatives and wide-reaching events such as conferences and roundtable discussions.
- We work to build understanding between the West and the Middle East.
- We work to enable young men and women, and displaced children, in Syria and Iraq to be Ambassadors for Peace, guiding their communities on the path to peace and reconciliation, even in the midst of conflict.
Our vision is to:
- Rekindle Christian faith in our diverse world and reconnect it with our daily life, so that Christians can live a generous and hospitable faith;
- Emphasise the role that faith has in healing broken societies;
- Facilitate positive interactions with neighbours and colleagues from other faiths;
- Build up understanding between the East and the West; and
- Strengthen and sustain Christians in the Middle East.
"But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be ready to make your defence to anyone who demands from you an account of the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." (1 Peter 3:15-16a)
Return to the main 'About Us' page.
The Awareness Team
The Foundation has three full-time staff and a team of volunteers.
We have developed a College of Patrons to support our work.